Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Bad_CertificateUriInvalid (0x80170000) "The URI specified in the ApplicationDescription does not match the URI in the Certificate."
January 11, 2017
4:53, EET
meenakshisingh29
Members
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi,

I am trying to use OPC UA Java stack for client and to connect to the Kepware server. While testing the code, i faced an issue which says “Could not verify the security”.
I went through the forums for this issue and found out that loadFromKeyStore has to be replaced with load in getCert() method.
While testing this, i got another issue which says “ServiceFault: Bad_CertificateUriInvalid (0x80170000) “The URI specified in the ApplicationDescription does not match the URI in the Certificate.”
Diagnostic Info:
at org.opcfoundation.ua.transport.impl.AsyncResultImpl.waitForResult(AsyncResultImpl.java:245)
at org.opcfoundation.ua.transport.tcp.io.SecureChannelTcp.serviceRequest(SecureChannelTcp.java:381)
at org.opcfoundation.ua.transport.tcp.io.SecureChannelTcp.serviceRequest(SecureChannelTcp.java:324)
at org.opcfoundation.ua.application.Client.createSession(Client.java:226)
at org.opcfoundation.ua.application.Client.createSession(Client.java:164)
at org.opcfoundation.ua.application.Client.createSession(Client.java:141)
at org.opcfoundation.ua.application.Client.createSessionChannel(Client.java:357)
at org.opcfoundation.ua.application.Client.createSessionChannel(Client.java:329)
at org.opcfoundation.ua.examples.SampleClient.main(SampleClient.java:109)”

Can you please help me out with this issue.

January 11, 2017
10:29, EET
Jouni Aro
Moderators
Forum Posts: 1010

Unfortunately, we provide support only related to Prosys OPC UA Java SDK – and I would suggest you get the evaluation version of that and use the samples and tutorials included to get you started with OPC UA development quickly.

Although, we are in practice maintaining the OPC UA Java Stack for OPC Foundation, we do not have the resources to provide support for that alone.

January 11, 2017
11:15, EET
Jouni Aro
Moderators
Forum Posts: 1010

Having said that, this error is related to a mismatch between the certificate and the application it it is used with. So you should make sure that the certificate is created by the application itself (or later, if you get certificates created by a Certificate Authority, for example, that the ApplicationURI field equals to the one defined by the ApplicationDescription).

January 12, 2017
5:16, EET
meenakshisingh29
Members

Thanks for your reply Jouni! But I am unable to figure out the issue.
Is there a way in OPC UA Client to add the server certificate and trust it.
When I try to run UA Expert client with Kepware OPC UA server, it gives an error related to server certificate. When i add and trust the server certificate in UA Expert client, application run perfectly. Same thing i want to do using OPC UA client java code.
Can you please let me know how can i get the server certificate installed in opcua java client code and get it trusted.

January 12, 2017
5:22, EET
meenakshisingh29
Members

Also as mentioned in my first request, if i don’t replace loadFromKeyStore with load, i get an error saying “Exception in thread “main” org.opcfoundation.ua.common.ServiceResultException: Bad_SecurityChecksFailed (0x80130000) “An error occurred verifying security.”
at org.opcfoundation.ua.transport.tcp.io.TcpConnection$ReadThread.run(TcpConnection.java:764)”.

Is it possible to fix this issue in any other way than replacing loadFromKeyStore with load?

January 16, 2017
14:05, EET
Heikki Tahvanainen
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 402

Hi,

As Jouni already mentioned, this forum is meant for questions related to Prosys OPC UA Java SDK. Your questions are related to the Java Stack.

You should get an evaluation version of the Java SDK and use the samples and tutorials included to get you started with OPC UA development quickly. You can request an evaluation by filling this form: https://prosysopc.com/products/opc-ua-java-sdk/evaluate/

Forum Timezone: Europe/Helsinki

Most Users Ever Online: 518

Currently Online:
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

hbrackel: 135

pramanj: 86

Francesco Zambon: 81

rocket science: 77

Ibrahim: 76

Sabari: 62

kapsl: 57

gjevremovic: 49

Xavier: 43

fred: 41

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 683

Moderators: 16

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 15

Topics: 1467

Newest Members:

digitechroshni, LouieWreve, Kickbiche, karrimacvitie5, graciela2073, sagarchau, elviralangwell4, Donnavek, Eddiefauth, DonaldPooma

Moderators: Jouni Aro: 1010, Otso Palonen: 32, Tuomas Hiltunen: 5, Pyry: 1, Petri: 0, Bjarne Boström: 983, Heikki Tahvanainen: 402, Jukka Asikainen: 1, moldzh08: 0, Jimmy Ni: 26, Teppo Uimonen: 21, Markus Johansson: 42, Niklas Nurminen: 0, Matti Siponen: 321, Lusetti: 0, Ari-Pekka Soikkeli: 5

Administrators: admin: 1